Wednesday, June 6, 2012

SEB 30. Tartu Jooksumaraton 13 mai 2012

Some small story about X-trail race of great 23K.
This competition was in Tartu (Eesti), so for me first competition outside LV. I had not prepared so much, cause i know that there will be more than 2 000 participants, so no hope for 1st place :))
me with yellow cap
Our voyage began at 6:45 in Riga. Then we went to Tartu, cause the SEB 30. Tartu Jooksumaraton starts at 11. During the voyage we talked about last years competition and so on about running...us usual :)) I went with 4 great guys, one girl (my age) and one lady (age group  might be W60).

This race was new for me, seems very interesting, cause i have no experience in long x-trail races. Previous was only 9K long, and it was very hard.

start
And also i`ve never seen so much participants >2 000. Interesting was to start with walking )) cause we cannot run - so much people at start(as u can   see in the picture ).

So we crossed whole town, than forest, countryside and so on...finally we finished at other town :)  (see in the map)

For me it was very funny, cause i run with lots of people young/old/symhatic/not so much :)) During the race we have lots of pit-stops: water, sports drink, bananas, bread etc. by the way i`ve made some new contacts. they might be helpful.
My result is not amazing, but not so bad ;)
See it here
Honestly, next year I definitely want to participate one more time ;)
More photos here

No comments:

Post a Comment